Tuesday, October 2, 2007


hey there digital threaders!

My name is Marguerite Bromley and I will helping out with the Electronic Textile Workshop on the 18th and 19th of October. I have worked at XS Labs in Montreal with Joey Berzowska for the last three years, if you don't know what XS Labs is take a look at our website: www.xslabs.net We make all sorts of fun electronic textile art and wearables!

To tell you a little bit about myself, I am an artist, my art is often made of textiles and takes on a large scale, sculptural form with a hint of interactiveness to it. I have a love for fibers, and since I was a child I have been sewing. Then when I went to Concordia University where I graduated with a degree in Art Education, I learnt how to weave, felt, knit, and experiment with patterns. I have been gathering information for years about strange conductive textiles that I look forward to sharing them with you at the workshop.

I can't wait to meet everyone involved in this dynamic group and create all sorts of exciting things together.